> Writing Plugins
> Script Functions
> C++ Reference
Monthly Goal/Fees: $400
Amount Needed: $328
Hall of Fame
|Track Your Addon/Plugin!
||Sep 16, 2006 10:53
|I'm pleased to announce a new feature on the SourceMod site: Addon/Mod Tracking! You can now see how many servers are running your plugin, broken down to what mods the plugin runs on and even how many servers are running each version. We've started tracking the most popular dozen or so plugins to start off with:
This tool is designed for developers to gauge how popular their mod is, how fast it takes versions to propogate, and which versions are most popular. To make it even more useful, we're even allowing non-Metamod:Source plugins to be tracked, since actual game mods are tracked as well. All it needs is an external/public CVAR! Read the FAQ on how to get your plugin on the tracker list.
Although the stats are already detailed, it also internally tracks operating systems and saves every day's stats. So for the future, we're hoping to add advanced report generation, linear time graphs, and the ability to compare multiple mods at once.
|.: by BAILOPAN
|Metamod:Source 1.3 Released!
||Aug 16, 2006 22:30
|I'm pleased to announce that Metamod:Source 1.3 has been released. This is a feature release which adds a few important new features for developers, as well as fixes some bugs encountered. Plugins should be fully backwards compatible and will not need to be recompiled.
Most importantly, SourceHook now has the ability to hook reference returning functions. We've also added support for Visual Studio 2005 and GCC-4.x.
Remember to post any problems or feature requests in the Metamod:Source Support forums.
- Added SourceHook support for functions that return references.
- Added some extra information to the "meta game" command: Description and Interface. For example, CS:S would display "Counter-Strike: Source" and "ServerGameDLL004."
- Added some extra functionality to ISmmPluginManager.
- Added compiling support for MSVC 8.0 (Visual Studio 2005) and GCC 4.x
- Added another API helper function for formatting and searching for interfaces.
- Updated project files and source tree to use the latest HL2SDK.
- Updated the sample plugins to be a bit cleaner and use newer API.
- Fixed bug where Metamod:Source could load the wrong GameDLL and/or load more than one GameDLL. This issue occured in HL2 CTF, SourceForts, or any other mod that relied on files from another mod directory.
- Fixed bug where ISmmAPI::MetaFactory() would return the wrong interface when trying to retrieve ISmmPluginManager.
- Fixed bug where returning false in Load() after adding a Metamod event listener or hooking a function could cause a crash instead of rejecting the plugin.
- Fixed bug where trying to load Metamod:Source a second time as a SourceMM or Valve server plugin could cause a crash.
- Fixed a bug in FormatIface() that caused InterfaceSearch() to infinite loop.
As always, special thanks to PM OnoTo for his continued work on SourceHook, and to Damaged Soul for his tireless fixings of the HL2SDK.
|.: by BAILOPAN
||Aug 04, 2006 16:35
|It appears that Source has had a long overdue SDK Tools Update!
From Steam News:
Major New Features
- Half-Life 2: Episode One enhancements
- NPC behavior enhancements
- New Tool application called 'Source SDK Base'
- Uses the latest shipping version of the Source Engine (HL2: Episode One)
- This content will be updated whenever a new version of the Source Engine ships
- Mod makers should always use its SteamAppId (215) in their single player and multi-player mods
- Many other improvements and bug fixes
Click here for the full changelog
|.: by BAILOPAN
|Pastebin Launched, SVN Conversion
||Jul 12, 2006 21:04
Due to pastebin.com's continued downtime, we've put up a quick clone: http://ampaste.net/
Pastebin was used quite frequently on IRC in #amxmodx and #sourcemod, so we're hoping people will once again be able to easily share code without being g-lined for excessive flooding. Start pasting!
Second, we've removed CVS and converted to Subversion (SVN). While you will find the old CVS URLs still work, all future updates and commits will occur to the SVN Repository. You will find Metamod:Source located in /svnroot/sourcemm/trunk.
DS has also kindly written a tutorial, readable on the wiki. Updated source code download links are available at http://www.sourcemm.net/
|.: by BAILOPAN
|Gameconnect sponsors Metamod: Source and SourceMod
||Jul 11, 2006 08:58
|Gameconnect is proud to announce its official sponsorship deal for future development of Metamod: Source, the intelligent plugin API for all Source based games, and Sourcemod, its entry-level programming interface.
Metamod: Source, much like the original Metamod for Half Life, is a game engine API manager that sits between the game and the game mods. This allows its users to write plugins that act as miniature game mods themselves, without the boundaries imposed by the default SDK..while remaining fully compatible with all Source games.
Sourcemod, due to be launched later this year, will provide a gateway to Metamodís functions, providing higher level scripting to control Sourceís internal workings, allowing the creation of Source game plugins and mods with relatively little experience, and zero mess within the engine itself.
Combined, Metamod: Source and Sourcemod spell a shining future for Source plugins, mods and total conversions, and Gameconnect is excited to be right there at the forefront of gaming innovation and development. Stay tuned here for exclusive news and reviews of these projects.
For more information on Metamod and/or Sourcemod, head over to http://www.sourcemod.net/. Further details on Sourcemod will be released as they become available.
Gameconnect.info is a worldwide gaming community supporting all 'Source' based projects. Started in 2003 as a european clan, Gameconnect has grown to a full community for not only playing games, but supporting Source projects with servers, hosting, marketing and more. Visit http://www.gameconnect.info/ for Source news, updates, projects, and other community information.
About AlliedModders (SourceMod)
AlliedModders is a new, unified development group, targeted at bringing extended modability to Half-Life games. AlliedModders has been dedicated to community projects for over two years, fully developing AMX Mod X and Metamod:Source, and helping to maintain the original Metamod. Visit http://www.sourcemod.net/ and http://www.sourcemm.net for more information.
|.: by BAILOPAN