* vim: set ts=4 :
* SourceMod (C)2004-2008 AlliedModders LLC. All rights reserved.
* This file is part of the SourceMod/SourcePawn SDK.
* This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
* the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 3.0, as published by the
* Free Software Foundation.
* This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT
* ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS
* FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more
* You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with
* this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
* As a special exception, AlliedModders LLC gives you permission to link the
* code of this program (as well as its derivative works) to "Half-Life 2," the
* "Source Engine," the "SourcePawn JIT," and any Game MODs that run on software
* by the Valve Corporation. You must obey the GNU General Public License in
* all respects for all other code used. Additionally, AlliedModders LLC grants
* this exception to all derivative works. AlliedModders LLC defines further
* exceptions, found in LICENSE.txt (as of this writing, version JULY-31-2007),
* or <http://www.sourcemod.net/license.php>.
* Version: $Id$
#if defined _sdktools_stocks_included
* Given a partial team name, attempts to find a matching team.
* The search is performed case insensitively and only against the
* first N characters of the team names, where N is the number of
* characters in the search pattern.
* @param name Partial or full team name.
* @return A valid team index on success.
* -1 if no team matched.
* -2 if more than one team matched.
stock int FindTeamByName(const char name)
int name_len = strlen(name);
int num_teams = GetTeamCount();
int found_team = -1;
for (int i = 0; i < num_teams; i++)
GetTeamName(i, team_name, sizeof(team_name));
if (strncmp(team_name, name, name_len, false) == 0)
if (found_team >= 0)
found_team = i;